- Licensure - Professional
Hospital Affiliations - Professional Experiences - Professional Presentations
Professional Affiliations - Committee Offices Held - Awards - Publications
Dr. Politzer, a Colorado native, set up practice in 1981 after graduating Magna Cum Laude and With Distinction from Pacific University College of Optometry. His areas of expertise include vision rehabilitation for patients with neurological disorders, contact lenses, family practice, diagnosis and treatment of eye disease, and low vision for the partially sighted.
Dr. Politzer has had extensive post graduate education. He received his Fellowship in the College of Optometrists in Vision Development in 1992 and his Fellowship in the American Academy of Optometry in 1994. He has received honors from Outstanding Young Men in America, Who's Who in America and Bausch and Lomb. He is a member of several local and national optometric societies.
Dr. Politzer has lectured nationally and internationally in the fields of Brain Injury, Sports Vision and Macular Degeneration Research. He has taught in the fields of Vision Rehabilitation and Contact Lenses. He is on staff at Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital and consults with several others.
Dr. Politzer is an avid athlete. He enjoys running, cycling, skiing, hiking and fitness activities. He is married to Joni, and lives in Golden, Colorado.
- Pacific University College of Optometry, 1977 - 1981
Doctor of Optometry, Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Pacific University College of Optometry, 1979 - Bachelor of Science
- University of Colorado, 1973 - 1977 - Bachelor of Arts
- Colorado 99110599
- DEA Certified
- ESP Certified Glaucoma and Anterior Uveitis
PROFESSIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATION:
- 1994 Fellow American Academy of Optometry
- 1992 Fellow College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- 1988 Board Certified Ocular Therapeutics
- 1993 Staff Medical Privileges - Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
- 1981 to Present Private Optometric Practice
- 1991 to Present Consultant to Heritage Rehabilitation Hospital
- 1985 to Present Consultant to Learning Services Rehabilitation Center
- 1989 Consultant to United States Special Forces Elite Anti-Terrorist Group
- 1989 Consultant to Denver Broncos
- 1985 - 1988 Consultant to United States Olympic Committee
- 1987 Consultant to University of Colorado Basketball
- 1983 - 1985 Clinical Instructor Colorado Optometric Center
- Vision Examination and Rehabilitation for Patients with Head Injury, Stroke and Other Neurological Problems. Colorado Rehabilitation Nurses Group Annual Conference. April 1998
- Low Vision Rehabilitation. Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital. April 1998
- Vision Rehabilitation for the Therapist. Optometric Rehabilitation. April 1998
- Examination and Treatment of the Neurologically Challenged Athlete.
- International Academy of Sports Vision Symposia. May 1997
- Sports Vision Enhancement Training for the High School Athlete.
- Colorado High School Athletic Trainers, Columbia Sports Medicine. May 1997
- Treatment of Diplopia in Patients with Acute Neurological Onset.
- Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association Symposia. February 1997
- Vision Examination and Rehabilitation for Neurologically Challenged Patients. Learning Services Rocky Mountain Region. May 1996
- Vision Rehabilitation Techniques for Neurologically Challenged Patients. Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital. May 1996
- Neuro-Optometric Applications in Treating Diplopia. Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Annual Symposium, May 1996
- Skill Development in Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation. Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Annual Symposium, May 1996
- Vision Examination and Rehabilitation for Neurologically Challenged Patients
- CAER Annual Conference, April 1996
- Vision Examination and Rehabilitation for Patients with Head Injuries, Stroke and Other Neurologically Compromising Conditions. Rocky Mountain Rehabilitation Hospital, August 1995.
- Functional Application of Lenses and Prisms for the Rehabilitation of Neurologically Challenged Patients. Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association Annual Symposia, San Antonio, Texas, April 1995
- Functional Vision Screening and Remediation for Persons with Stroke, Head Injury and Other Neurologically Compromising Conditions. Occupational Therapists Association of Colorado, State Meeting, 1994.
- Visual Dysfunction and Remediation in Patients with Closed Head Injuries. Medical Staff of Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, 1993.
- Preliminary Findings on the Use of Electrical Stimulation for Field Enhancement in Traumatically Brain Injured Patients. Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, Washington D.C., 1993.
- Preliminary Findings on the Use of Electrical Stimulation for Headache, Field Enhancement, and Visual Acuity in Macular Degeneration. American Optometric Association National Conference, Montreal, Canada, 1992.
- Optometric Intervention in the Evaluation and Treatment of Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury. Heart of America, Kansas City, Missouri, 1991.
- Optometric Intervention in the Evaluation and Treatment of Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury. Nebraska State Optometric Association, Kearney, Nebraska, 1990.
- Sports Vision Testing and Training. Heart of America, Kansas City, Missouri, 1989.
- Sports Vision Testing and Training. Wyoming State Optometric Association. Jackson Hole, Wyoming, 1988.
- American Optometric Association
- Colorado Optometric Association
- American Academy of Optometry
- College of Optometrists in Vision Development
- Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association
- Optometric Extension Program
COMMITTEE OFFICES HELD:
- President - Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, 1998
- Primary Member, Columbia Hospital Task Force - Hospital Privileges for Optometrists, 1998
- Primary Member, Medical Treatment Guidelines for Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury, Colorado Division of Workers Compensation, 1996
- Vice President, Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, 1994 -1998
- Council, Advisory Board Rocky Mountain Regional Brain Injury Center, 1992 through present
- Trustee, Colorado Optometric Association, 1988 - 1990
AWARDS and HONORS
- Who's Who in America, 1994
- Beta Sigma Kappa Honor Fraternity, 1977 - 1981
- Bausch and Lomb Outstanding Student in Contact Lenses, 1981
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities, 1981
- Outstanding Young Men in America, 1980
- Partial and Selective Occlusion with a Soft Contact Lens for the Clinical Neuro-Optometric Treatment of Diplopia. Journal of Low Vision and Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation, Vol. 11, No. 1, June 1997
- Case Studies of a New Approach Using Partial and Selective Occlusion for the Clinical Treatment of Diplopia. Journal of NeuroRehabilitation, June 1996.
- Treating Diplopia, Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, Volume 4, No.2, Fall 1994
- Rehabilitation Hospital Privileges, Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, Volume 4, No.2, Fall 1994